Dynamics CRM Source
The Dynamics CRM Source reads data from the entities in a Microsoft Dynamics Server. See the Dynamics CRM Connection Manager page to learn more about setting up the connection manager.
Task Factory currently supports the following versions of Dynamics CRM:
• Connection - Create or select a connection manage for the Dynamics CRM server.
• Query Type - Determines "where" to look for the Dynamics Entity:
o Entity - Selects the "standard" entities in Dynamics such as Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, etc.Views are selected in the Dynamics Entity drop-down.
o Personal View - Allows users to select custom views. Views are selected in the Dynamics Entity drop-down.
o System View - Allows users to select all non-custom views within the Dynamics CRM system.
• Dynamics Entity - Displays a list of entities form which the source can read.
• Batch Size - The Batch Size field determines the number of rows that will be retrieved during a single round trip to the Dynamics server. The default value is 500.
• Get Changes - Toggle for users to track changes/updates for synchronization. (Filters cannot be used when selecting this option.) For more information, please see our Change Tracking page. Note: Get Changes can only be used when the Entity Query Type is selected.
• Tracking Token Variable - Identifies the variable that stores the (required) change.
• Choose Columns - Once an entity is selected, the available columns are displayed. Columns can be ignored by unchecking the corresponding box in the "Include in Output" column.
• Filter - Filters can be set so that users can customize the data that is returned.
oSteps to adding filters:
■ Click the add icon ("+")
■ Choose the column to be filtered
■ Select the parameter (e.g. Begins with, Greater than, Less than, etc.)
■ Define the value in the <enter a value> box. (Variable replacements can be used with the following syntax: <User::MyVariableName>.)
■ Click the word "And" if "Or" filter is needed to be added.
• Preview Data - Opens a new window that displays the data based on the entity and conditions (if configured.)
• Refresh Metadata - Updates the component with the most current metadata.