Existing Dimension Input Column Definitions Tab
From this tab, users identify how each column in the existing dimension participates in the SCD transform. Columns can be defined as one of the following:
• Not Used - Declares the column to not be used in the SCD processing.
• Business Key - Identifies the business key column
• Surrogate Key - Identifies the surrogate key column
• SCD0 (Send To Invalid Input) - Identifies a column for Type 0 changes. Any change will be sent to the Invalid Input's output.
• SCD0 (Ignore Changes) - Identifies a column for Type 0 changes. Any change will be ignored and sent to the Unchanged output.
• SCD1 - Identifies a column for Type 1 changes (dimension is overwritten with new values)
• SCD2 - Identifies a column for Type 2 changes (retains historical data)
• SCD2 Current Record - A boolean column that can be used to identify the current record among related historical data
• Audit Column - Last Changed - A column that can be used to identify the moment a row was last changed
• Audit Column - Row Added - A column that can be used to identify a row that has been added
• Audit Column - SCD1 Update - A column that can be used to identify an SCD1 updated row
• Audit Column - SCD2 Change - A column that can be used to identify a row that has undergone an SCD2 change
• Inferred Member Indicator - A DT_WSTR column used to identify fact table references to a dimension that hasn't been loaded.
You may see an error at the bottom stating there is no Business Key selected, the Business Key can be selected from the SCD Column Type column.