The "Marketo Source" is a data flow component used to retrieve leads, opportunities, and other objects for users that employ the Marketo automated marketing software. See the Marketo Connection Manager page to learn more about setting up this component's connection manager.
Marketo is available for SQL versions 2012 and higher.
• Connection Manager - In this field, users can create a new connection manager or select a pre-existing one.
• Api End Points - In this field, users select the Api they wish to connect to. Selections include but are not limited to Leads - Get Activity Types, Leads, Get Lead Activities, and a custom setting that allows users to configure the component to endpoints not included (clicking the View Api Documents link can assist in users with configuration information for all available endpoints.) Selecting an endpoint will auto-populate that field's parameters and commonly used Output Columns
• API Query - This field defines the query called to Marketo's web API. Although several end points have been pre-configured, users can type in or paste custom calls that are not included with the component.
• Root Json Path - Marketo returns raw data in Json format, therefore, users will need to define the root path when creating custom queries or retrieving information from different levels.
• Pause Between Round Trips (Seconds) - The number of seconds between calls to Marketo.
• Query Parameters - Optional and required parameters to be configured by the user to filter or set the results being returned. Parameter values can be set dynamically by entering the variable name (example: <@User::leadID>.)
• Output Columns - In this window, users can add and remove columns and define their name, token path (defined within the raw data), data type, length, precision, scale, and code page.
• Preview Data - Pressing this button will return the results and raw data based on the user-defined settings.
• Results - In this window, users can see a preview of the first rows of data that will be output based on the configuration.
• Raw Data - This window displays Json data in raw form based on the configuration in the Settings tab. Developers can use this to help determine root and token paths and other fields that can be used.