Pack Data Transform
The "Pack Data Transform" is used to create a single column of delimited, XML, or Json data (determined by a user-defined template) from a single or multiple input columns.
Table of Contents
• When using multiple sources, all inputs must be sorted
Pack Data is available for SQL versions 2012 and higher.
• Main Input - User selects the parent input.
• Packed Column - User-defined name of the column to be output with packed data
• Data Type - User can select between two data types: DT_NTEXT or DT_TEXT.
• Generate Template - Users can choose the packed data format (Delimited, XML, or Json) and the component will automatically generate a template to be used for the packed output. These templates can be adjusted and customized by the user by deleting information not used or drag-and-dropping columns from the Input Definitions window.
• Input Definitions - List of columns from the inputs
• Template - The design pane where users can view and customize the template used to generate the packed output.
• Parent Input - Selects an input to identify as the parent.
• Child Input - Selects an input to identify as the child
• Update Mapping - After connecting the two input keys, this button is clicked to update the component with the defined relationship.
• Remove Mapping - Clicking this button removes a selected relationship highlighted in the Mappings pane.
For more information about using the generate template, click the Pack Data Transform Generating Templates Quick Start Guide