Vote for New Features
Version 2017.3 [August 7, 2017]
- New 11676: Add support for SSIS 2017 targeting with existing feature set to BI xPress and BI xPress Server
- New 12378: User Defined Best Practices' path evaluator can now be manually edited
- Update 11115: Auditing framework now includes ability to reopen packages upon completion
- Allows users to quickly apply the auditing framework to multiple open packages without being prompted by Visual Studio to reload
- On occasion, after applying the Auditing Framework Visual Studio will stop displaying package executions. If you are experiencing this behavior, use this feature
- Fix 1627: Package executions that contain errors, but are still running can't be marked as stopped
- Fix 11045: Within Visual Studio 2015 Extension, the package layout information is not being captured for OnSave events
- Fix 11162: Auditing, Notification, and Deployment Wizards do not display the correct SSIS version in title bar
- Fix 11176: BI xPress does not detect the SSIS Versions when only SSDT is installed
- Fix 11198: Attempt to parse the expression "@[User::varSSISOps_DisableVarLogging]==true && @[User::varSSISOps_DisableConnLogging]==true" failed
- Fix 11558: Auditing Framework - Selecting Project in Workbench crashes Workbench
- Fix 11599: After package execution, Notification Framework Event log displays "The description for Event ID 0 from source BI xPress cannot be found"
- Fix 11620: The data types nvarchar(max) and ntext are incompatible in the equal to operator.
- Fix 11628: Notification Framework improperly detects SSIS version
- Fix 11629: Latest variable values sometimes do not show up within the Monitoring Console
- Fix 11640: Variable masking does not mask parameter values and some wildcard scenarios don't work
- Fix 11694: When connecting to an SSRS 2016 Report Server that contains KPIs, Report Mover throws "KPI is not a valid enum value."
- Fix 11984: Configuration Manager shows password when you hover.
- Fix 12022: The expression for variable "varSSISOps_DisableParameterInitialValueLogging" failed evaluation. There was an error in the expression.
- Fix 12023: Opening Monitoring Console: Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier
- New 9201: Auditing Framework Command Line now includes itemPassword switch
- Users can now provide a password that will be applied to all packages and projects that have their Protection Level set to either EncryptSensitiveWithPassword or EncryptAllWithPassword
- New 10276: BI xPress Server and Notification Engine within SSDT now include a way to view notifications by event name.
- BI xPress Server allows users to click on the event name to go to a page that will group notifications by event name.
- BI xPress Notification Engine within Workbench or BI xPress Visual Studio Extension/Add-in now has a button that will show users the notifications grouped by event name.
- Fix 11952: Monitoring Console Server Performance slowed in version 2017.1.5 and beyond
- New 11677: Added support for SQL Server 2017
- Update 11142: Schema Inspector now includes output control for selecting items to include within change script
- Enabling output control allows you to skip individual elements from change scripts. By doing so, you may end up with a script that is broken (for example, because a dependent object can no longer be created). Please carefully check any generated scripts.
- Fix 11164: Schema Inspector elects to perform a table rebuild before it knows the synchronization direction
- Fix 12027: Schema Inspector should issue a SP RENAME if the only difference is the object name.
- Fix 12419: Schema Inspector Report button throws Null Reference Exception error
- New 6863: Re-engineered lineage storage engine for higher performance
- Lineage information is now pre-computed as part of the snapshot phase
- Lineage now loads instantly and uses less RAM
- New 11018: Updated DOCxPress documentation to accurately reflect required permissions for full SQL Server snapshots to be extracted
- Updated DOCxPress documentation to accurately reflect required permissions for full SQL Server snapshots to be extracted.
- New 11183: Added support for SSAS 2017
- New 11679: Added support for SQL Server 2017
- New 12012: Lineage Analysis now groups text files under a parent node
- Update 12402: SSIS Providers now captures collection enumerated expressions within ForEach loops
- Fix 11600: When Lineage Analysis search is cancelled the current selection is lost
- Fix 11601: Lineage Analysis search results are not colored correctly
- Fix 12011: The ISPAC file path is not displayed when editing an SSIS solution item within the UI
- Fix 12015: Lineage traces are including duplicate information
- Fix 12491: DOC xPress consumes large amounts of memory during scanning of certain stored procedures
- Fix 12505: Dependency Directions are ignored when node is Extended
- Fix 12533: Error during snapshot / denormalization: 'The file is too long' on very large solutions.
- New 11013: Denormalizer is now selective on processes
- Browser denormalization will only run after a snapshot
- Lineage denormalization will only run when lineage is updated
- Data dictionary denormalization will run when a snapshot is run or a data dictionary import is performed
- New 11014: Denormalizer can now resume
- Denormalization progress is now saved and the denormalizer will resume where it left off
- New 11180: DOC xPress Metadata Query Extension now supports Visual Studio 2017
- Email email@example.com to request the installer that contains the Visual Studio 2017 supported version of the DOC xPress Metadata Query Extension
- New 10820: LegiTest UX Improvements
- "Wizard: Interactive Comparison" is now just "Interactive Comparison" in the context menu.
- When adding a new connection from the Interactive Comparison wizard, the focus will start in the Connection Name box.
- New 10825: Added Xml Comparison Assertion
- New 11178: LegiTest Extension now supports Visual Studio 2017
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the installer that contains the Visual Studio 2017 supported version of the LegiTest Extension
- New 11680: Added support for SQL Server 2017
- New 11869: LegiTest Command Line can now push assemblies to the server.
- New 12511: LegiTest documentation now includes software requirements for NUnit support
- Update 10319: Comparison Manifests now work based on column name instead of column index
- Update 10925: Small numbers are now detected as more commonly used types
- Fix 9248: Double clicking on the scroll bars within System Coverage adds selected item to target list
- Fix 10923: "Wrong number of arguments provided" error when additional columns are added to test data source
- Fix 11691: Previewing a query in Interactive Comparison fails when using a Data Driven variable.
- Fix 11871: Adding two interactive comparisons in the same tests re-uses the same resource keys
- Fix 12037: Using a reserved word (params, int, static, etc...) as a project name, prevents LegiTest from compiling
- Fix 12415: Data set filtering does not handle NULL values correctly
- Fix 12499: When selecting columns to the left of a 'Select *' statement, LegiTest Syntax Highlighter throws ArgumentOutOfRange error
- Fix 12513: Parallel execution tracks are not reporting test actions to LegiTest Server
- Fix 12520: Editing a query against a database with compressed columnstore indexes could crash Visual Studio
- Fix 13081: Get Row Count test elements throws "The given key was not present in the dictionary." error
- New 7357: Annotations are now included in a Notification template.
- Test annotations are now included in the metadata send to the Notification Engine, so they can be incorporated into emails and other messages.
- New 11010: "Select All" option now included within execution results
- New 12007: Publishing Assemblies can now be restricted with Role Actions
- Fix 10383: Altering an HTML Message Template could remove/exclude data in a Notification when sent/executed
- Fix 11113: LegiTest Notifications are not being sent when BI xPress isn't licensed
- Fix 11662: The operation has timed out error, when communicating large results to the server
- Fix 12038: Command Line request timeout is not configurable.
- Fix 12470: Update button within the Edit Annotation Types does not work
- New 8765: Move the preview for dynamics source to a pop up
- New 10293: Rest Source and Destination can now pass cookies during authentication
- New 10342: Dimension Merge SCD now includes sorting choices for GUIDs
- New 10390: Included the ability to preview Owner object columns in Salesforce Source UI
- New 10914: Advanced Execute Package task can now use project level parameters when in Project Deployment Model
- New 11025: Dynamics CRM Source can now extract the data from a view on an entity
- New 11039: Rest Source and Destination now support OAUth1 and Basic rest connections
- New 11098: XML Generation Transform can now automap columns
- New 11157: Within SFTP task, changing 'Stop package on failure?' now sets the 'FailPackageOnFailure' property to the same value
- New 11184: Added USPS Address Verification Component
- New 11643: Allow accessing Memory Optimized tables in Upsert
- New 11644: Check against zombie transactions
- New 11650: Rest Source Component Headers Variable/Parameter Syntax
- New 11974: REST Connection now allows selecting of REST config file
- New 11975: REST Config files now include header section
- New 11987: SMTP Connection Manager can now reuse same connection across the SSIS package execution
- New 12004: Marketo Destination now includes the ability to add custom parameters
- New 12401: Task Factory SSIS 2017 support
- New 2846: Licensing now works within environments that use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption
- Update 11964: Pack - Unpack Columns transform now supports removing byte order marks in xml unpack
- Update 11976: REST Destination "Test API" button now includes warning when clicked
- Including a warning helps prevent unintentional REST calls
- Fix 1605: BI xPress Auditing Framework within Workbench throws "System.Exception" errors when being applied to packages containing Task Factory Components
- Fix 4407: Dimension Merge SCD transform throws "Array dimensions exceeded supported range error" when initial load of 200+ million rows
- Fix 10278: Dimension Merge SCD Incorrectly Sending Data Down New Path When SCD2 date is invalid
- Fix 10812: When in Project Deployment mode, child packages executed by the Advanced Execute Package Task do not use any of their referenced project parameters during execution
- Fix 11033: XML Generator throws an "item with same key" error when inside a for-each loop
- Fix 11657: Fact Table Destination Lookups are re-written when opened in 2017.1 versions
- Fix 11659: Email Source FilterDelimiter property does not work
- Fix 11664: Upsert Destination throwing Object Reference Error for SQL_Variant data type
- Fix 11667: Excel Source sometimes throws "Object Reference" error when executing
- Fix 11672: Advanced Derived Column shows invalid expressions as valid
- Fix 11890: Excel Source is not able to read formatted rows with a common formatid
- Fix 11891: Fact Table Destination fails to loads when objects are missing
- Fix 11960: Pack - Unpack Columns transform throws 'Column must have a code page greater than zero' error when new columns are added
- Fix 11961: Dynamics CRM Source takes a long time to respond when connecting to objects with high number of activity parties
- Fix 12014: Excel Source does not parse worksheet properly where row indexes are skipped
- Fix 12036: Salesforce Source incorrectly maps columns in Error Output after truncation occurs
- Fix 12476: Unpack Columns transform does not parse columns with DT_NTEXT or DT_TEXT data types
- Update 11978: License activator now includes a "Copy Details to Clipboard" button
- Fix 11086: Stored procedures CheckIfUserCanAccessSecurable and GetAllSecurableEntities are always being dropped and created at website startup
- Fix 12480: Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet2' or one of its dependencies.
Version 2017.2 [May 1, 2017]
- New 9070: MaxVarCharsToLog has been parameterized and configurable when viewing within the Monitoring Console
- New 9176: Purge Database Wizard offers a start and end date instead of Days To Start and Days To Keep
- The purge database wizard now offers users a start date and an end date to constrict the purging of SSIS Package Executions. The underlying stored procedure remains the same and has not changed, only the user experience. For those that need to determine the DaysToStart and DaysToKeep parameters for SQL Agent Jobs or stored procedures, hovering over the start and end date boxes within the UI will provide that data.
- New 9178: Snippet Wizard is now available when right-clicking in the Control Flow or Event Handlers view of BI xPress SSDT Extension
- Update 9148: BI xPress Help File now includes addtional info on BI xPress database updates
- Update 9179: Auditing Framework within Workbench now includes validation warnings
- Update 9246: The "View Packages in Visual Studio" button is no longer available
- Update 9838: Package Builder Wizard's "New Template (From Selection)" and "Modify Packages (From Selection)" now available in Visual Studio 2015
- Update 9864: Snippet Wizard's help documentation now includes note that it only operates on one SSIS package at a time
- Update 10313: Package Deployment's help documentation now includes limitation on being unable to deploy packages to the SSIS Package Catalog
- Update 10337: Quick Status View is now available in BI xPress Visual Studio 2015 Extension
- Fix 9150: "An Item with the same key has already been added" error when applying the auditing framework to a package that contains identically named components
- Fix 9177: Modifications by BI xPress may not be applied correctly if there are unsaved changes within SSDT 2016 / Visual Studio 2015.
- Fix 9197: Data Flow Tasks for some packages are not showing the row counts
- Fix 9258: Project files are no longer included in the selected packages list when right-clicking on a project within BI xPress Extension for Visual Studio 2015
- Fix 9259: Error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection'1[PW.Common.AuditWarning]' to type 'System.Collections.Generic.List'1
- Fix 9827: Deployment Wizard persists previously selected packages
- Fix 9851: Variables values are now appearing correctly when viewing the package execution during and after execution.
- Fix 9863: BI xPress Add-in does not show the correct SSIS version for packages when selecting an SSIS Project that uses TargetServerVersion
- Fix 9866: The Variable Expression buttons disappear when changing the Grid Settings to show all package variables
- Fix 10252: Package and Project Parameters aren't being accessed when Notificaton Engine is applied to SSIS packages
- Fix 10279: When browsing for existing BI xPress databases from within the Workbench Plugin, selecting a different server changes the existing database name and may throw a "cannot connect" warning
- Fix 10286: Package executions imported from the SSIS Catalog are not seen as the same package in the Monitoring Console Dashboards
- Fix 10301: Within SSIS 2005 and 2008, Deployment Wizard throws 'Overload resolution failed because no accessible "PopulateMSDBPackagesInfo"...' error
- Fix 10318: Groups within the Control Flow and Data Flow do not appear after applying the Auditing Framework to a 2012 or later package
- Fix 10322: Using a touch screen with the Monitoring Dashboard causes Workbench to crash.
- Fix 10325: Error report submission fails with redirect message
- Fix 10326: Could not apply auditing framework to lower version packages with SSDT 2015 installed
- Fix 10327: Applying the Auditing Framework from Workbench causes "Can not log connection. Re-applying BIxPress Auditing Framework may fix this issue" warning during execution
- Fix 10347: "Latest x executions" not showing more than the latest 20 entries when x is > 100,000
- Fix 10348: Entering over 10,000,000,000 executions in the Options menu of Monitoring Dashboard crashes the Workbench
- Fix 10349: Monitoring Dashboard doesn't show any packages when you select the "Ungrouped" group in the Group Filtering
- Fix 10366: Marking a package execution as stopped does not update the control flow and data flow tasks
- Fix 10373: Using package parameters for Package Deployment projects uses the BI xPress database specified in the wizard, not the server/database/username/password defined in the connection manager.
- Fix 10977: In the Package & Task Performance report, when Execution Mode is set to anything other than "Interactive" it throws "An error occurred when retrieving the report data: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s" error
- Fix 11073: When "Object Variable Logging" is disabled, applying the Auditing Framework throws a "Failed to create OnVariableChanged handler: Value does not fall within the expected range"
- Update 11047: Help Documentation for Notification Engine now includes details for configuring custom parameters
- Fix 4711: The correct row counts are not displayed when comparing results from two tables that share the same binary(32) or varbinary(32) key
- Update 8244: SQL Server Provider can now snapshot an Availability Group's secondary databases when they are set to Read-intent only
- Update 9254: Documentation now includes SSAS Tabular translations
- Fix 9229: Large data dictionary imports fail to process
- Fix 9800: Timestamp in Snapshot Management History in UTC instead of local time
- Fix 9801: Solutions do not load alphabetically
- Fix 9824: When connecting to an HTTPS Report Server DOC xPress throws "The provided URL scheme 'https' is invalid; expected 'http'. Parameter name: via" error
- Fix 9849: Lineage Analysis' High detail cannot be selected for large solutions
- Fix 10277: Object types in SSIS may not be correctly recognized in foreign language installations
- Fix 10280: When scanning a Tableau view, DOC xPress throws a "Given key was not present in the dictionary" error
- Fix 10352: Lineage does not respect refinements when extending items
- Fix 10353: Calculated measures missing from SSAS documentation in certain circumstances
- Fix 10974: SSIS provider does not find Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications when snapshotting an older version IS package under SSDT for Visual Studio 2015
- Fix 11016: Global entry values in the data dictionary cannot be over-ridden
- Fix 11083: An Object Reference Error sometimes occurs when switching from grid view to list view
- Fix 10346: Some operations within DOC xPress and System Dashboard aren't responsive or appear disabled
- New 8734: SSIS Get and Set Properties elements now includes current design time values
- New 8799: Directories can now be used as data sources for data driven tests
- New 9132: Added ability to select colums from flat files
- The user can now select which columns are included in the dataset when sourcing data from a flat file.
- New 10294: Fixed Width File References now allow you to choose the file format
- Ragged right
- Fixed width with line breaks
- Fixed width without line breaks
- New 10367: Rows with no differences after a grid comparison can now be viewed on the server
- Update 8750: SSAS Wizard generates connection assets at the suite level and shares between the groups
- The SSAS Wizard now creates connections at the test suite level instead of the test group.
- Update 8800: Datasets can now be filtered
- Datasets from any grid source can be filtered by specifying expressions on a column or multiple columns.
- This filtering determines which rows will be seen by consumers of the grid / dataset.
- This filtering is applied after the initial data retrieval, so it should be used primarily for data sources that don't support filtering at the source, like text files or REST APIs. Databases and similar sources should be filtered through the SELECT statements for best performance.
- Fix 9159: Interactive Comparison does not save changes to currently selected elements if the editor is open
- Fix 9217: Reserved filters list in custom filters section is unreadable
- Fix 9225: Flat File connection managers are imported as ADO.NET Connection assets within the SSIS Wizard
- Fix 9861: Execute Task element incorrectly reports task execution failure
- Fix 10159: File Reference does not extract column headers if all columns are of the data type string
- Fix 10917: LegiTest Extension reports version 1.0 within the "Installed Products" section of the "About Microsoft Visual Studio" page
- Fix 10987: Editing a newly created interactive comparison before saving could result in an ArgumentNullException
- Fix 11151: Interactive comparison always resets the timeout to 30 when editing
- New 6809: Added ability to suppress test failures for a set time frame
- New 9870: Tests can now be moved to trash, then deleted from the server.
- Tests can now be moved to trash from the summary page.
- Trash view has been added, this allows users to permanently delete tests from the server.
- Unexecuted assemblies can no be deleted from the server on the unexecuted assembly view on the summary page.
- New 9871: Summary Page now has separate views for Run and Not run assemblies.
- New 10272: Users can now select existing tags from drop down when tagging a test object.
- New 10331: Test management page now shows an item's most recent status in the navigation menu
- New 10911: Design system for handling authorization for cloud services
- New 11046: Notification Engine now has dynamic html template for LegiTest status
- Update 6740: The "Export to Excel" feature within Grid Comparison now provides more details
- The file name for the excel spreadsheet now includes the date and time the test was executed
- The excel spreadsheet now contains a header that includes the suite, group, test and action name as well as the start and end time for the execution
- Update 9868: Test Scheduler page has now been simplified for ease of use
- Update 9873: Added "Missing Test Runner" topic to FAQ for LegiTest Server
- Fix 9169: "Already added" warning appears when adding a new item to a Coverage Report
- Fix 9228: Spaces in an assembly name are causing them not to run from the server
- Fix 9241: Deleting a test execution fails
- Fix 9817: Side by Side table view for errors does not have consistent height on both sides
- Fix 9821: Breadcrumb located on View Details Page does not link
- Fix 9869: Tests not part of previous run are not represented as such.
- Fix 10273: Parameters containing certain special characters are not displaying properly on the test management page
- Fix 10330: Long names in management navigation menu extend past frame.
- Fix 11021: Managing a test with an existing Hyperlink template, will not load the template area for editing.
- Fix 11026: When viewing a grid comparison result on the server, rows with no information still show a hyperlink.
- New 1898: Rest Destination
- Rest Destination can be used to send data to a Rest API and read the responses back into an output.
- New 8693: Added new XML writer options to XML Generator and Output Destination
- Add XMLwriter options, including ignore declaration, to all of the TF XML components.
- New 10245: Task Factory UI's compatible with custom scaling in Windows Display Settings
- Create ability for all Task Factory task/component UI's to work with scaling options in Windows 10 other than 100%. When set to 125% or higher, UI do not adjust, and configurations can not be seen in certain screens. Image of Expression Editor attached to display this behavior. Issue is also known to affect the column mappings tab in the Dim Merge SCD component as well.
- New 10288: Allow renaming of files in Remote Directory path when uploading to SFTP
- New 10389: Added compatibility for string response based on RegEx to REST Source
- Add functionality for Rest Source to handle alternate response from REST APIs, such as string
- New 10790: E-mail connection manager now minimizes the number of concurrent connections needed during execution
- Update 8692: REST Source & Destination now includes an auto retry connection functionality
- Update 9168: Rest Source now includes an error response handler
- Update 9175: SalesForce Destination now includes ability to deselect an Assignment Rule
- Update 9812: Help documentation for Advance Execute Process now better explains the difference between "In Process" and "Out of Process"
- Update 9825: Rest Connections now uses .NET WebRequest if .NET 4.5 is installed on the machine
- Update 9829: SalesForce Source now allows the user to refresh metadata when a subquery is present within a where statement
- Update 9831: Hash Transform now defaults to '|' as the column separator
- Update 9837: OAuth2 Rest Connection now defaults to Post
- Update 9853: Help documentation for SalesForce Destination now better describes its Bulk processing option
- Update 10359: Azure ML Batch Task help page to reflect the necessary inclusion of /jobs appended at the end of the post request
- Update 10364: Help documentation for SharePoint Destination now includes details on Download Attachments
- Update 10365: Help documentation for SalesForce Source no includes information on variable usage
- Update 10958: SharePoint Destination now includes additional date data type compatibility
- Fix 4074: "Replace Null Text Values" option is re-selected when address parse is closed
- Fix 7874: Fixed SFTP connection where TLS 1.2 is not enabled on SSH servers
- Fix 9140: In Upsert mode, SalesForce Destination loses External ID column when refreshing columns
- Fix 9141: UPSERT with AZURE orphans temp tables after execution completes
- Fix 9152: Adding auditing framework removes the mappings from the XML Output Destination
- Fix 9158: Salesforce Destination does not update values in SF Object when passing an empty string
- Fix 9198: Add option for bankers rounding within the expression engine
- Fix 9204: Pack Data Transform does not recognize NULL values for IF statements in Liquid
- Fix 9214: XML Output Destination fails to show validation errors when opening invalid XSD
- Fix 9215: Excel files throw corrupted data error when Excel Destination creates new worksheet
- Fix 9216: Rest Source throws 'Failed to verify exchange signature' error
- Fix 9250: Excel Source does not capture data from Named Ranges not beginning on Row 1 of worksheet
- Fix 9687: The data type of output columns on the TF Dynamics CRM Destination cannot be changed, except for DT_WSTR and DT_NTEXT columns.
- Fix 9764: Salesforce Connection Manager does not allow for dynamic variable usage
- Fix 9810: Unpack Data Transform throws a "could not cast object type 'System.Xml.Linq.XElement' to type 'System.XML.Linq.XAttribute'" error when using attribute based queries
- Fix 9816: Marketo Destination throws an "Object Reference" error when attempting to access the destination object
- Fix 9823: Null Handler Transform populates the column list when setting "NULL or Blank Values" to a user defined value with column parameter
- Fix 9834: TF Upsert Destination Does Not Fail On Table Constraint Violation
- Fix 9836: Excel Source throw an "Object Reference" error and inserts an empty string when the native query returns 'null'
- Fix 9840: Added option for Guid sorting to fix XML Output Destination skipping elements in multiple entity datasets when guids are used for keys
- Fix 9844: XML Output Destination does not follow XSD and write empty elements when there is an empty string or null value in the data set
- Fix 9855: Excel Source does not refresh meta when switching from Raw to Formatted output
- Fix 9862: Secure FTP now disables Local File and Directory Settings when using the 'Check if file exists on server' option
- Fix 10202: Fix reinitialize metadata for pack data transform
- Fix 10283: Making column changes in the File Format tab refreshes the columns in the column tab
- Fix 10284: TF Basic Rest Connection does not use Headers with "Test Connection" on Endpoint tab
- Fix 10287: Dimension Merge Slowly Changing Dimension experiences performance degradation
- Fix 10310: Salesforce Destination does not carry Assignment Rules when applied in Bulk / Bulk Zip modes
- Fix 10320: Excel Destination Object disconnect or does not exist
- Fix 10321: Marketo Destination - Object Reference when populating Destination Object list when proxy is enabled but not connected
- Fix 10323: Marketo Destination - filterType not specified Error when selecting custom Marketo objects
- Fix 10324: TaskFactory FileCombinePath expression returns <NULL>
- Fix 10344: Excel Source throws Unable to determine the identity of domain
- Fix 10354: Large record sets cause memory pressure
- Fix 10357: TF SharePoint Source throws System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary error
- Fix 10915: Data Validation Expression Tester Does Not Leverage Transform Options
- Fix 10920: AesEncrypt expression throws Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte' to type 'System.IConvertible' with provided package
- Fix 10951: Cannot open TF upsert UI
- Fix 10959: Creating a new column in TF Advanced Derived Column throws Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0204019
- Fix 11007: Fixed - Advanced Lookup Transform Fails When Region Format Settings Not Set to English
- Fix 11159: EndsWith Operator in the Advanced Lookup Cache Transform does not work properly
- Fix 11160: Filter Operators for Advanced Lookup Transform are not functioning properly
- Fix 11161: Using IsContainedIn filter in Advanced Cache Lookup Connection Manager breaks the component
- Fix 9839: Unable to install two versions of Workbench on the same machine.
- Update 10978: Help documentation for setup instructions now includes details for multi-domain considerations
- Fix 10382: Workbench Server does not populate Action and RoleAction tables in host database
Version 2017.1 [February 19, 2017]
- New 7814: Date formatting within Monitoring Console Reports are now consistent across all reports
- New 8287: Individual Alerts now included when using the Notification Engine to connect to a BI xPress Server
- Users must reapply the Notification Engine to their SSIS packages to enable the new behavior of including alerts (warnings and errors) that they have opted to be notified about.
- New 8327: Added Filtering Options to the Package Deployment Wizard
- Users now have the ability to filter files and folders within the explorer window of the package deployment wizard.
- Update 1483: Best Practice Analyzer Report now groups results in a more logical manner
- Update 1486: Best Practice Analyzer now groups rules based on which technology it applies to
- BI xPress orders best practice rules based on technology type first. Making it easier to find applicable rules as user can collapse irrelevant rules.
- Update 6832: Visual Studio 2015 extension now supports targeting lower server versions for SSIS packages
- The BI xPress Visual Studio 2015 Extension now supports usage within SSIS projects with the TargetServerVersion set to SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Fix 1400: Switching the connection for data generation clears all current content
- Fix 6699: The Auditing Framework does not log the initial values of variables and parameters
- Fix 7887: BI xPress Notification Framework settings does not save when clicking finish and restarting Visual Studio
- Fix 8239: Purging the BI xPress repository when using optional Package or Machine name leaves orphaned executions
- Fix 8331: Notification Engine's Server Integration does not correctly encode special characters
- Fix 8333: During a custom installation, the BIxPress Extension will not install if LegiTest Extension is excluded
- Fix 8688: Fix typo within Auditing Framework activity log message
- Fix 8715: Report Mover does not retain relative folder structure within target server
- Fix 8752: After using the SSIS Catalog Import, the Package Performance report throws "Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier" error
- Fix 8770: BI xPress Extension no longer throws an error when installed on a machine with just SSDT 2015
- Fix 8775: Creating a new BI xPress database doesn't update the preferences to reference the new connection string
- Fix 9199: BI xPress Visual Studio Extension throws an exception upon VS startup regarding licensing
- New 4999: BI xPress Monitoring console now interacts with Workbench Server's (Beta) System Status feature
- Adding packages to a view found within Workbench Server's new (Beta) System Status allows System Status to read and display the status of those packages if executions are present within the Monitoring Console
- The (Beta) System Status can be enabled by your Workbench Server administrator through the Administration Features page
- By default, the new (Beta) System Status will be disabled
- New 7913: Package Group filters included within SSIS Monitoring Dashboard
- New 7825: Schema Inspector's modification scripts now include PRINT statements
- Fix 7816: Schema Inspector sometimes shows duplicate objects
- Fix 8776: Schema Inspector generated scripts do not include column changes
- New 8321: Textual view in lineage analysis can now be exported
- Update 7835: Lineage Analysis now extracts dependencies for SQL Agent Job Steps of type SSAS Command, SSAS Query, SSIS Package and T-SQL
- Update 8342: SSAS 2016 Provider now supports Azure Analysis Services
- In order for the SSAS 2016 provider to connect to Azure Analysis Services, users will need to download and install the latest Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Client Libraries
- Fix 8306: Dependency analysis does not show references to JOIN columns
- Fix 8708: Lineage Analysis doesn't display for Task Factory's Advanced Derived Column, Advanced Aggregator, Advanced Conditional Split, Dimension Merge, Filter Rows and Unpack Transform
- Fix 8710: SSIS Packages located in a subfolder are not being included
- Fix 8780: Snapshot Filtering for SSIS packages stored within SQL Server does not work correctly
- Fix 9160: Dependency scanner throws "Object Reference" error when scanning SQL Stored Procedures that executes a function assigned to a variable
- Fix 9251: Stability issues when taking a snapshot containing SSAS Tabular 2016 (compatibility level 1200) databases that use translations
- Fix 9802: Links are not being shown in textual mode lineage
- New 4998: (Beta) System Status brings DOC xPress solutions to life with SSIS Package Monitoring and LegiTest Data Testing Coverage in one graph
- The (Beta) System Status can be enabled by your Workbench Server administrator through the Administration Features page
- By default, the new (Beta) System Status will be disabled
- Fix 7871: Items found by Remote Agent are not able to be selected
- New 6732: LegiTest Command Line Tool can run test assemblies by name
- New 7790: Added ability to load 'manual' data grids
- Data grids can now be loaded from delimited content stored within the test suite
- Provides an easy way to inject static data for comparison or data driven testing
- New 7795: Added support for multiple delimited file formats
- Delimited file format support allows a variety of flat file formats to be read.
- Automatic detection of delimiters, quotes, header rows and preamble sections.
- New 7876: Added Select All / None option in the SSIS Wizard
- New 7893: Flat file data types suggestions are provided
- New 7894: Flat files support the same data source model as other sources
- Flat file support has been upgraded to use the common data source model in LegiTest.
- Enables flat files to be easily used in interactive comparisons, grid validations and data-driven tests.
- New 8298: Interactive Comparison now displays whether preview comparison would have succeeded or failed
- New 8307: SSIS Wizard now extracts all connection managers
- Connection managers are now converted to assets by the SSIS Wizard irrespective of whether they become part of a data flow test or not
- New 8310: Added ability to load fixed width files
- Fixed width files can be used in data driven testing, interactive comparison and as a data source in normal tests
- After entering the column widths, data formats are detected automatically
- New 8798: Added row / line number reporting to grid comparisons
- The row / line number is now reported as part of the error message in case of an error
- Fix 5500: Timeout when gathering columns for comparison manifest with large data sets
- Fix 7877: SSAS validation tests are not being generated in some situations
- Fix 8238: Parameter mappings do not work within the SSAS Process actions
- Fix 8275: Clicking "Advance" while configuring an OLE DB connection throws assembly error
- Fix 8284: Table Row Count action did not respect parameterized table name
- Fix 8299: Error changing keys in interactive comparison editor
- Fix 8313: Object Reference Error when adding Test Suite to project using Read Historical Results or Interactive Wizard template
- Fix 8754: Executing packages in a test does not recognize their associated project
- Fix 9151: Error: Keyword not supported: 'provider' for Asset connection properties
- Fix 9221: When using the SSIS Wizard targeting ISPAC packages, it does not generate Task level tests
- New 4878: Added "Two Grids" Layout for Grid Comparison Assert View
- New 5000: LegiTest Server's System Coverage report now interacts with Workbench Server's (Beta) System Status feature
- Associating a system coverage report to a view found within Workbench Server's new (Beta) System Status allows System Status to display the system coverage for any items included within both the view and the coverage report
- The (Beta) System Status can be enabled by your Workbench Server administrator through the Administration Features page
- By default, the new (Beta) System Status will be disabled
- New 6782: Filtered Dashboard now shows all of a tagged item's children even if they are not tagged
- New 7309: Users can now add their own hyperlinks to Grid Comparisons and Validations via the test management page
- Hyperlinks can be created on the test management page and viewed on the details page.
- New 7399: Test Management page now includes links to other items in the same suite
- New 8303: Test assemblies can now be run immediately after publishing
- New 8759: Include link to the LegiTest Extension on the LegiTest Server's Dashboard page
- Update 4882: LegiTest Server now points to NUnit 2.6.4 by default
- Fix 7810: Fixed Legitest Server json errors when NewtonSoft.Json is installed in the GAC
- Fix 8304: Can't see error details on server for failed steps
- Fix 8717: Notification Engine buttons do nothing if only a LegiTest Server license is being used
- Fix 9170: There is no space between the System Coverage page title
- New 4702: sFTP Task can now remotely rename a file
- New 7797: Excel Power Refresh now includes an execution timeout option
- Please note that this will not stop an execution when a Connection Login dialog is prompted by Excel.
- New 7799: REST Source now supports including the HTTP status information as an output
- REST Source now includes a new output that will be filled with a single row when anything other than a status of 200 is returned from the rest server
- This output contains the status code (200, 400, 404, 500, etc), the status description and any data returned from the server
- New 7826: Added support for wildcards (*) in JSON queries
- New 7930: Task Factory help documentation now includes sample Rest Source configurations files for TFS / VSTS
- New 7960: REST Connection and Source now supports the use of configuration files
- New 8234: Add HttpMethod for Refresh Token in OAUTH2 connection manager
- New 8308: SharePoint Source now allows the use of custom Caml & Query options
- New 8614: OAuth2 token getter now includes proxy and headers
- Update 4691: Dynamics CRM Source now includes change data capture (Get Changes) functionality
- Added an option to the Dynamics CRM Source that allows the use of the Get Changes functionality added in the 2015 Update 1 release of Dynamics CRM.
- Fix 4727: Advanced Derived Column is unable to convert string values to GUIDs
- Fix 4728: Salesforce Source consumes more memory than previous versions on execution
- Fix 7865: Help links within some Task Factory components point to incorrect locations
- Fix 7880: XML Output Destination is not mapping unbounded recurring elements correctly
- Fix 7923: SharePoint Documents unable to upload files over 25 MB
- Fix 7926: Unpack Data is dropping Data Flow expressions after transform has been edited
- Fix 7928: In Visual Studio 2015, Expression Engine throws an object reference error when target SQL Server Version 2014 or below
- Fix 7931: Dimension Merge SCD is dropping records when memory optimized mode is enabled
- Fix 8243: 'Content not allowed in prolog' error thrown upon SalesForce Source execution
- Fix 8322: 'Create new table' option not available when using a database with no tables in Upsert Destination
- Fix 8332: Parsing error thrown with dt_dbtime and dt_dbtime2 datatypes in SSIS 2008
- Fix 8689: SalesForce Destination now uses proxy settings when using bulk process mode
- Fix 8695: Unpack and Rest Source does not return child elements for an XML based column
- Fix 8709: XML Destination writes elements out of order when writing a full element before a grouping occurs
- Fix 8763: Upsert Destination does not fail when a DB constraint is violated and fail component option is set
- Fix 8772: Email Source does not filter correctly when a filter is placed on the 'MessageID'
- Fix 8777: Auditing columns within the Dimension Merge do not allow string variables or string values to be written
- Fix 8778: SalesForce Destination does not send errors down Error Output when in Bulk or BulkZip Mode
- Fix 9146: Unpack Data Transform throws Object Reference when editing File Format properties
- Fix 9147: Unpack Data Transform throws Object Reference when JSON Properties tab is not configured
- Update 7430: Help page now includes a button for each installed product that launches local help documentation
- Update 8755: Help documentation for System Requirements, Permissions and Setup for BI xPress, DBA xPress, DOC xPress and LegiTest combined
- Since BI xPress, DBA xPress, DOC xPress and LegiTest are all installed within the same Workbench installer, including the system requirements, permissions and setup for the other products within each individual help documentation can help with setup
- New 6256: Users can now delete System Dashboard tiles directly from the dashboard
- New 6826: The System Dashboard is now the home page for Workbench Server
- New 9267: Workbench Server now includes public beta features that can be enabled or disabled
- Fix 7803: With the addition of the System Dashboard and System Status, the header is disjointed
- Fix 7898: Workbench Server does not confirm when deleting users
- Fix 7982: License activation and deactivation messages are confusing
- Fix 8011: Workbench Server Licenses does not include access to System Dashboard
- Fix 8699: System Dashboard drop-down buttons includes erroneous icons and white divider
- Fix 8738: If Workbench Server's version falls outside a license's maintenance period, the system settings' licenses page will not display the license
- Fix 9285: "Add Domain User" button is missing