The Database Connection section of the Configuration page allows users to configure the server information used by the Auditing Framework to connect to the BI xPress Database.
1. Browse for existing BI xPress Database: This button launches the Connect to Database window that will allow you to connect to database. Any information input into the Connect to Database window will populate the other properties found within the Database Connection section.
2. Create New BI xPress Database: This button provides the Auditing Framework the ability to create a new database if there is not already a database that contains the BI xPress Framework Architecture.
3. Server: The Server textbox provides the Auditing Framework with the name of the Server the BI xPress database is located on
4. Database: The Database textbox provides the Auditing Framework the name of the database that contains the BI xPress Framework Architecture
5. Database Authentication: The Database Authentication switch allows users to choose between Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication
1. Username: If the user selects SQL Server Authentication, the Username textbox will detail which SQL Server username to be used to connect to the BI xPress database
2. Password: If the user selects SQL Server Authentication, the Password textbox will detail the password to be used by the username in order to connect to the BI xPress database
6. Offline Mode: The Offline Mode checkbox will create the Auditing Framework Connect Manager and set it to "Work Offline", this allows users to browse and continue developing their package when the BI xPress database is not yet accessible
7. Continue package execution on Auditing Framework database connection failure: This check box changes the behavior of the BI xPress Auditing Framework by allowing SSIS packages that contain the Auditing Framework to continue executing in the rare occurrence that the Auditing Framework itself fails
8. Do not report failure if Auditing Framework fails: This check box changes the behavior of the BI xPress Auditing Framework to hide all errors that occur due to the Auditing Framework itself
Once done configuring the database connection, users can continue to any of the following sections:
Users may also immediately begin applying or removing the auditing framework.