Table of Contents
By installing Pragmatic Workbench, you are installing all features of BI xPress, DBA xPress, and DOC xPress. However, the features will only become available if you have purchased a license for the product you are trying to use.
2. If you do not wish to send feature usage statistics, uncheck the box "Send feature usage statistics to Pragmatic Works."
3. Make sure to read the License terms and conditions before checking "I agree to the License terms and conditions". Once you have agreed, click "Next".
1. If you select "Custom", go to Step 5.
2. If you select "Typical", go to Step 6.
By expanding BI xPress you may choose which version(s) of Visual Studio our add-in will be compatible with on your machine. You may also choose to include DBA xPress, DOC xPress, LegiTest and the optional prerequisites for DOC xPress and BI xPress' BI Compare.
7. If you chose "Typical" install in step 4 or opted to install the optional prerequisites*, you will see the following components request to be installed from the Microsoft ® site:
o Microsoft ® System CLR Types for Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 x86
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Shared Management Objects x86
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Analysis Management Objects x86
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Transact-SQL ScriptDom x86
o Microsoft ® System CLR Types for Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 x64
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Shared Management Objects x64
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Analysis Management Objects x64
o Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 Transact-SQL ScriptDom x64
These components are "Optional Prerequisites" because Pragmatic Workbench will work without them. However, DOC xPress and BI Compare (a feature within BI xPress) do require them to be installed in order to document and compare SSAS and SQL Server database objects.
8. After each component, the Workbench installer will continue. If any error messages appear during the installation of these components, please reference their error message against Microsoft's support site for resolution.
9. If you chose "Typical" install in step 4 or opted to install LegiTest, the Visual Studio Extension installer will appear. This allows users to choose which versions of Visual Studio will contain LegiTest.
10. When the installer finishes running, you will be presented with this confirmation page. The "See what's new" button will direct you to our Release Notes, you also have the option to close the installer (click "Finish") or begin using Workbench ("Run").