While Lineage Analysis' Diagram Mode allows users the ability to visually navigate the dependencies found within a specific solution. Diagram Mode is divided up into four panels: Solution Details, Lineage Options, Solution Explorer, and Lineage Analysis Explorer.
The solution details panel provides users with information regarding the solution.
The lineage options allows users to navigate around and adjust the behavior of Lineage Analysis.
• Visual View: Allows users the ability to view the currently selected solution within Lineage Analysis' Visual View
• Jump to documentation: If documentation has already been generated, some objects within the solution and lineage analysis explorer may be associated with a documentation page. After selecting an object in the solution or lineage analysis explorer, clicking on the respected jump to documentation drop down will reveal a list of the latest documentation outputs that contain the selected object. Clicking on a documentation output will launch a separate window that will navigate the user to the object within the selected documentation output.
•Detail Level: Allows users the ability to adjust the granularity of the objects that will be included within the current session of Lineage Analysis
o High Detail: Allows users the ability to see down to the column, measure, and attribute level of lineage
o Medium Detail: Allows users the ability to see down to the table, component, SSRS item, KPI, and measure group level of lineage
o Low Detail: Allows users the ability to only see the database, package, and report level of lineage
• Relationship Filter: Allows users the ability to adjust the types of dependencies to include within the current session of Lineage Analysis
o All: All relationship dependencies will be included within the current session of Lineage Analysis
o Data Lineage: Only relationship links that involves the impact or dependency of another object's data will be visible
o Key + Object: Only relationship links that involve the use of primary or foreign keys or object dependencies will be visible
The solution explorer contains a hierarchically organized tree of all objects containing lineage.
Users can expand and collapse object, displaying the object's children, using the arrow to the left. If an object does not have an arrow, or the arrow disappears after clicking, then that object either does not have any child objects that contain lineage or the current detail level prevents it from expanding further.
The lineage analysis explorer contains a hierarchically organized tree of the object that was selected within the solution explorer and its dependencies as well as three columns: Object, Type, and Endpoint.
• Object: This column contains the name of the object
• Type: This column contains the technology and object type
• Endpoint: This column contains the complete path to the object
Expanding an object will reveal two nodes: Outbound and Inbound Dependencies.
• Outbound Dependencies: All relationships that are impacted by the parent object will be included underneath the outbound dependencies node
• Inbound Only: All relationships that the parent object depends on will be included underneath the inbound dependencies node