Once a Remote Agent has been setup, it is ready to be configured through DOC xPress Server.
1. From the DOC xPress Server home page, click the Settings icon located at the upper right corner and the click the "Remote Agent" button from the drop-down menu
2. From within the Remote Agent Configuration window, select a remote agent from the drop-down window
By default, a newly installed remote agent will have the following name, where "%MachineName%" is the name of the machine that the remote agent was installed on:
%MachineName% - Untitled Agent
3. Remote Agent Configurations: Once a remote agent has been selected, the agent details will be populated as well as scan configurations
o Agent Name: The name of the remote agent. This property can be edited to something more meaningful than "Untitled Agent"
o Machine Name: The machine that the remote agent is installed on
o Registered Date: The date that the Remote agent was installed and registered to the DOC xPress Server
o Last Scan: The date that this remote agent was last scanned
o Next Scan: The date that this remote agent is next scheduled to run
4. Scan Items: A detailed list of solutions saved within DOC xPress Server.
o Remote Agents can scan entire solutions by checking the solution's check box or individual solution items can be added by expanding the solution and checking individual items
5. Schedule: Allows users to set up a schedule for the remote agent so it will routinely scan and update the configured items for changes
o Schedule Start Date: The date users wish for the scan schedule to begin.
o Scan Every: The interval users wish for the remote agent to scan. This interval can be in minute(s), hour(s), day(s) and week(s).
o Scanning Enabled: This check box specifies whether the current remote agent is enabled for scheduled scans
o Scan Now: This button allows users the ability to immediately begin the process of scanning the currently configured items